Friday 16 January 2015

The Complications of me


As I titled this post, it dawned on me that the name “Complicatxn” is coincidentally used by my life partner, it is really unelaborated I assure you. Pun definitely not intended. It is with great difficulty that I shall try to relay my persona on a blog post. I have been in many relationships in my life; business, personal, platonic, sexual, familial etc. and with each new relationship, you are always faced with this monstrous task of describing yourself, your nature, your temperament, your habits and your personality to the new person(s). Basically with every new relationship fostered, both parties have this overwhelming desire to know what makes the other tick, it draws out a measure of compatibility so we can’t rule it off.
Who am i?
I am that guy who sat at the centre of the class. I was neither lurid nor mischievous enough to take up residence at the back with the ‘cool kids’.  On the other hand, I told myself I wasn’t Mr. Goody Two Shoes either and couldn’t sit close to the teacher, though it would have been a good vantage point to inspect Ms Dash Dash’s cleavage but I was not about that life…………at that time.
I was the nerd without the glasses and/or braces, who was too lazy to pay attention in math. My only passion lay in computers but the complexities of programming were not part of my diction. I guess I could say I was pretty darn amazing at booting up, playing games in MS Dos Prompt, (gotta love C: ), creating a word document and making fancy text with “Word Art”. I was just that person who didn’t fit anywhere but I was very comfortable just being me, which sorely and basically implies that you could never ever find me at the sports field!!!
In adulthood, I’m not much different. I was born a leader, also trained to lead and most people downright notice those qualities in me, except what they see isn’t exactly what is there to be seen. I’d like to call myself the “Subliminal Leader”. I still don’t sit at the back with the jocks, and neither am I in front with the goody goodies so that everyone sees me. I sit in the middle of everything, on a relatively covert throne and pull strings! I pull certain strings and certain people do certain things I certainly want done!! My reach is still a bit low but I’m working to increase the number of stooges on my line. I’ve just fed your mind with the entire ego that exists within me. Now for modesty:
I believe in people and I think of myself constantly as one who helps if I am able to. I don’t really know how to say no! Request something of me and if it is not perilous, it shall be granted unto you. I am the entablement which resoundingly supports those who need my support. Do not get me wrong however, this is not Sherwood Forest and I am not dressed in Lincoln green apparel, neither do I have a band of merry men or a broadsword. I am also not the gift that keeps on giving because more often than not, you get taken advantage of.
Summarily, I guess I can say that I am *drumroll please*,……………

……………..A NICE GUY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment